View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 12:57 PM

"If you wish to make an apple pie truly from scratch, you must first invent the universe."
Carl Sagan

oddcouple on September 26th, 2014
I don't know if I could bake a pie from a premade frozen one. Let alone a universe.

skoogie2 on November 28th, 2014
I knew there was some kind of secret to pie baking that has always made it impossible to make a good one! I skipped the first step....!

skeeter on March 16th, 2015
I had the distinct pleasure of hearing him speak in person. He was one of the most captivating speakers I have ever heard.

montyb on April 10th, 2015
Skeeter, I also had the pleasure of attending one of his lectures as well as being fortunate enough to have a 20 minute conversation with him. He was a charming man as well.

kb83 on October 8th, 2015
I'd like to start at least after carbon was formed.

skeeter on October 10th, 2015
montyb, I am jealous.

abra on January 18th, 2016
Well, I attended one of his lectures, had a twenty minute conversation, then went out for a night of drinking and star gazing. LOL I couldn't resist.one-upping.

spacecoyote1966 on September 24th, 2016
That pie would require billions and billions of ingredients.

marnita on January 24th, 2017
Does anyone have a recipe for the first step?

Roxanne on April 10th, 2017
And that's why God was so ticked off at Adam and Eve. He went to six days of trouble to preheat the stove, get the cinnamon, flour, butter, a little sugar, a little lemon juice, the ice water, the countertop, and the rolling pin ready. Meanwhile, he caused the tree to grow seven perfectly-sized apples, just enough for a nice 9- to 10-inch pie, and then those people go and eat one. So now the cut-up apples are not all mounded up nicely, they just lie there, the whole thing is just going to be flat. And here he was, having all the angels over for dinner, and he wanted it to look good, like he knew what he was doing. Jeez. The angel with the fiery sword told them on the way out of the Garden, "I'm really sorry, I told him to grow another apple on the tree, cause I knew you'd want one, and that way there'd be enough for your snack and the pie too. But he's, I mean He's, like it's the first time I actually made the recipe, and it calls for seven apples, and I don't wanna mess with the recipe the first time, y'know? If it turns out I need another apple I'll make a note for next time, okay?"