Forum

Old 02-29-2016, 07:42 AM

Default Noob Question

Greetings.

It's hard to believe no one else has asked this, but I can't find reference to it anywhere.

Today I became a paying member of PB, because of Crypto, mainly to take part in the Comments lined up along the right. When I submit my comment, I get a message that "my comment will appear shortly". Then nothing happens.

I don't understand this, since once I leave the page it's gone forever, and I'll not see my comment or any responses to it. Do I just hang around indefinitely until the comment appears, or what? What am I missing?

Thanks for your response.
Old 02-29-2016, 12:28 PM

Hey Catsie,

Welcome aboard! I believe "shortly" means the next time someone plays that puzzle. If you look at the time stamps on the comments, you will notice that many times months or years pass between responses. Seeing all the comments at once gives the illusion of the spontaneity of real-time conversation and the general wit of this group of folks aids in that illusion. Eventually, you will play that puzzle again and your comment will be there.
Old 02-29-2016, 12:58 PM

Thanks, MontyB, that was very clear -- and very witty. :0)
Old 02-29-2016, 01:27 PM

He really should be "montyp"... as in python!
Old 02-29-2016, 01:47 PM

Default Noob Question

I was going to reply but was 100% certain that was the case. And Catsie, after you are here a short while you will learn that Montyb is indeed very witty. I always enjoy his posts.
Old 02-29-2016, 02:06 PM

Thanks, Damsel. I've already experienced montyb, and you're right. He and WVwoman are very quick and funny.
Old 02-29-2016, 05:39 PM
Occasional Ranter

Catsie, welcome aboard! I second all of the above. Just want to note that the main benefit you get in return for paying for membership is that you get to play without ads loading on your screen. On my computer, that has made a big difference in my playing experience. But if you aren't a paying member, you can still log in and join the discussion, make comments, etc.

Lisa
Old 03-01-2016, 05:46 AM

Default OT-What Happened to points?

I logged on this morning to check on my February scores and there were none? In addition I dropped about 300 thousand points and two places on the top 100. What's going on? Is anyone else affected by this glitch?
Old 03-01-2016, 10:25 AM

oddcouple, there was a server malfunction, and all data between Jan 30 and Feb 27 has been lost.

Could be worse. I just started playing competitively last month, so I'm basically starting from scratch all over again!
Old 03-01-2016, 04:40 PM

There doesn't appear to be any stats for all of January...and the Feb stats reflect just that last 4 days of the month.