Forum

Go Back   Cryptograms Forums > Cryptograms.org Discussion > Main Forum

Old 02-02-2014, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehallbackhoe View Post
barnabas, you got it half right, I do indeed run heavy equipment, but I don't even know what a nickleback is. I will admit that I am a guy.
I'm not that disappointed to learn you're not a Nickleback fan. I don't really care for them myself... just happen to know who they are. But I gotta believe you're a music fan of wide-ranging tastes what with the guitar avatar. What's been in my car's CD player of late has been Dave Alvin - Eleven Eleven, a very good album which blends rock, blues, and country about as well as they can be blended. But then, I'm just as apt to playing Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, The Beatles, etc. as I am... say Little Feat, James McMurtry, Dave Alvin, etc. Ummmmm, what was this thread about again???
Old 02-02-2014, 03:38 PM

Default question for really fast solvers

Quote:
Originally Posted by contrary View Post
I don't know about you all, but I have to have a pretty regular amount of solving time in order to keep solving quickly. It usually takes me ~30 minutes to get in a groove, then I can stay focused for about 3 hours, and then solving and focusing becomes impossible. And I need to do this at least 3 times a week or I start to lose my ability to 'see' the puzzles quickly.

As a side note, this is why you see me with sporadically heavy months. I don't know how you regulars don't burn out.
I also need consistent solving to stay sharp; however, I could never imagine playing for three hours straight. I do much better with speed if I keep short sessions, maybe 20 minutes at a time. Otherwise, I start to lose focus and slow down.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:10 PM

I find myself sometimes playing for 3 or four hours straight, but my solve times do suffer. when I start overlooking words like "nothing" and "people" it is time to take a break
Old 02-02-2014, 04:20 PM

by the way, I do play the guitar,some banjo, and some piano, but I really don't have a love for music. I play more for the challenge, just like cryptograms. if these puzzles ever get too easy, I would quit playing
Old 02-11-2014, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
I'm not that disappointed to learn you're not a Nickleback fan. I don't really care for them myself... just happen to know who they are. But I gotta believe you're a music fan of wide-ranging tastes what with the guitar avatar. What's been in my car's CD player of late has been Dave Alvin - Eleven Eleven, a very good album which blends rock, blues, and country about as well as they can be blended. But then, I'm just as apt to playing Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, The Beatles, etc. as I am... say Little Feat, James McMurtry, Dave Alvin, etc. Ummmmm, what was this thread about again???
Any Steely Dan in there?