Forum

Go Back   Cryptograms Forums > Cryptograms.org Discussion > Main Forum

Old 09-15-2011, 07:21 PM

Default Something About Pootie

Hi Cryptogrammers,

I would like to give you an update on Donna (Pootie). As you know, she is gravely ill, and her health is currently deteriorating rapidly. Her time remaining with us is growing short. She no longer has the strength to play as much as she wishes she could, but she continues to read the forum, and she does drop by the chat box when she is able. If you have a story that you would like to share or if there is something you would like to tell her, I hope you will take the opportunity to do so now. Thank you all in advance for your kind words and for your support. She is most appreciative of your concern.

Dear Donna, you already know how much I cherish our friendship because I’ve told you so many times in my daily emails. I would like to say something specific about the cryptogram site. I joined and played obsessively for about 4 months and then took a five month break around the time my granddaughter was born. When I returned to the site, you had recently joined. You were the first person to send me a pm and to invite me into the chat box. I had always read the chat box before, but I was too intimidated by all the smart people on the site to attempt to converse with them. I also have to thank you for my medals for 100% solve rate. I didn’t know about checking recent games on the old site and was always so frustrated because I thought I was solving all the puzzles that I saw. I didn’t know about multiple loads until you were kind enough to point it out to me. You have been a great asset to this site in the way you've always been the first to welcome and help those new to the site. You have been a wonderful friend to me personally, and I thank you for all your love and support. Always and forever your bff - Lily
Old 09-16-2011, 03:00 AM

Dear Donna,

I'm so, so sorry to hear about your deteriorating health. You have been (and still are) a huge positive force here -- always witty and never dull. Please stay plugged in as much as possible. You have many fans who look forward to your games and your repartee. You are a hub for this diverse group of puzzle freaks, and you have earned our admiration and respect. I'm beaming my best thoughts to you right now with all my might. (Are you feeling it, Tinkerbell?)

One of your many fans,
Lyn
Old 09-16-2011, 05:16 AM

Dear Donna,
a story about Donna, i was playing over at dropquotes and got stuck on one, i came over to the chat box over here and asked for help, Donna was quick to respond, she was over there before i knew it, even though the quote was not solvable at the time, it has since been fixed by admin, thank-you Stephen, Donna went out of her way to help a fellow competitor, not that i am in her league, she totally blew me away by her actions. i called her my hero, something she did not like, but still a hero to me, Donna, what can i say, i am and forever shall be your friend, you are my frankie, i am your johnny, many hugs and butterfly kisses- jose

Dios te salve María, llena eres de gracia.
Nuestro Señor es contigo.
Bendita tú eres entre las mujeres,
y bendito es el fruto de tu vientre,
Jesús.
Santa María, Madre de Dios,
ruega por nosotros pecadores,
ahora y en la hora de nuestra muerte.
Amén.
Old 09-17-2011, 04:07 AM

I would like to share about my one and only experience with Pootie. She sent a private message to me back in around April 2009 & asked if I was having trouble a delay with the site loading and then displaying the answer. She was the 1st person I had heard from here & she caught me by surprise. So I happily responded & she got back to me. She thanked me for answering, welcomed me to the site and told me I should choose a nice avatar because I seemed like a nice person. So today Pootie, I did just that. I chose a red rose. It was a toss up between a ♥ & you cornered the market on my other love the butterfly...so it's the rose that's tatooed over my own ♥ that I chose. Thank you for being my 1st friend here...

Last edited by pevans01 : 09-17-2011 at 04:12 AM.
Old 09-17-2011, 04:58 AM

In June of this year, I was on vacation from my job, and I found myself with enough spare time that I could spend about an hour per day solving cryptoquotes, rather than my previous pattern of spending a few minutes every now and then. By the 29th of June, my score was 950 correct out of 950. June 29 happened to be my 60th birthday, and I excitedly thought I could maintain 100% correct and solve 1,000 for the month. But on my 951st puzzle, I could not solve it. I tried for two hours, unsuccessfully, and then I was timed out. Afterward I was quite discouraged and frustrated, and I submitted a message on this forum. Well, who do you think gave me the kindest response? It was Pootie. From her message, I understood that this site was not just about competition but about caring about the competitors. So, I just want to say thank you to Pootie for showing a caring heart.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:13 AM

Default Something about Pootie

Pootie is an inspiration to new comers and just entertaining to read & watch. She's a wiz! Thanks for your games. We hate to let you go, we'll always remember you. We are praying for you.....God, bring peace, grace and sunshine to you. Amen
Mary
Old 09-17-2011, 11:15 PM

Default I guess this is "good bye"

Donna, remember the fun we had trying to find bansaisequoia when he disappeared. We will all miss your brightening up the chat room and forums. May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead. Navelle
Old 09-18-2011, 07:52 AM

Donna, I have only been playing a short time, but I have gotten many a chuckle from your comments on the quotes. When you have gone, you will be able to take joy in the knowledge that you left the world a little brighter than it was before you came, which is the best any of us can ever hope to do.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:31 AM

Dear Pootie,

You are my inspiration to accept my unchangeable "stuff." You remind me that there is "time enough" for caring and for laughter.

Thank you for sharing. God bless you.

Wordloon
Old 09-18-2011, 04:13 PM

Default Something about Pootie

Dear Pootie,

Even though I have not been a member for very long and have just started posting on the forums, I have read your posts with much interest. You have such a great sense of humor as well as a sense of humanity toward helping anyone who needs it on these sites. You are truly an angel walking among us.