Forum

Old 07-10-2009, 10:33 PM
The Cheshire Kat

Default For Q-Tip

I know not everyone is a chatterbox like me, but I would appreciate positive thoughts and prayers for my kitty cat Q-Tip. (My current avatar kitty) He is hospitalized and very, very ill with Diabetes and Ketoacidosis. Thank you all!
Old 07-10-2009, 10:51 PM

Smile From one chatterbox to another

Kat

My positive thoughts are for you and QTip, your beloved friend.

Chin up to you both.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:27 AM
Good Boy

you know you can count on my prayers and thoughts. i feel for you and for qtip. try to keep thinking positive, remember qtip is looking to you for strength and a smile and some pats.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:47 AM
The Cheshire Kat

Default visit

I just went to see him in the hospital and he looks awful! He perked up for a minute when I called him "Tip Topper" (he has a LOT of nicknames) but he's got multiple tubes and needles in him and is extremely lethargic. On a small bright note, he no longer has a fever and his glucose level went down a little. Thanks for the prayers and best wishes. -Kat

"To the sick, while there is life there is hope. "
— Marcus Tullius Cicero

Last edited by kat : 07-11-2009 at 01:52 AM.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:50 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to bansaisequoia
Default Los Gatos Celeste

Eloi, Twyla and Sandoz raise their tails erect in approval for Q-Tip. They are also sending therapeutic purrs down from the after life.

Old 07-11-2009, 06:41 AM
The Cheshire Kat

Default really?

Were those your kitties? And is that an actual picture of them? Beautiful. And the names are wonderful. I especially enjoy "Eloi". I should have been an ancient Egyptian because I do believe I worship cats. Well, at least I admire them to a large degree. I think they are the most beautiful and graceful of animals. I must have been one in a past life... Thank you Bansai. I go to ICHC daily for perspective..

I do hope that tip will not be joining them anytime soon, no offense. I'd like to keep him around a while longer. But tell them to say hello to Inky..she's a love.

P.S. I got the Eloi and Twyla references, but Sandoz I will look up.

Last edited by kat : 07-11-2009 at 06:44 AM.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:16 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to bansaisequoia
Default Eloi, Twyla & Sandoz

These three were felines that my ex-wife got custody of after the divorce. This was 25 years ago. They still seem very much alive to me. The picture is just an internet image. I suppose I could scan an old photograph and post it here, but the image probably wouldn't look too sharp. Nonethless, the picture I posted reminds me of the bearing, carriage and camaraderie (when they weren't fighting) that my cats shared. Eloi was named for a a race of little blue persons in HG Wells' "The Time Machine." Twyla was named for Twyla Tharp, a choreographer who worked with David Byrne and ?Billy Joel???, among others. As for Sandoz, yeah, I guess you'll have to look that up. I don't think I can imagine having three more wonderful cats in my life, but if I had three more today, I'd love them just as much. Hope everything works out for you and Q-Tip. Love, the ne'er-do-well.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:32 AM
The Cheshire Kat

Default my angels

I got the reference of the Eloi and Twyla, and I'm sure they meant a lot to you. Lil kitties are so unusually diverse in their personalities. Would love to see an actual pic. I am amazed at how beautiful cats can be.

I want my duck back, meaning my Tip loves water and has a tendency to "quack". (uh oh.. tearing up)
One of the reasons the diabetes went undiagnosed was because of that love of water. Diabetic cats tend to drink more than usual. He always has though. If the vets can get him to eat then he might be able to come home. But, as strange as it is, I have a chunky, picky cat. He's been offered a smorgasbord of delectable kitty type delights, but has never eaten anything but the normal food that I've given him. Go figure. Never thought a cat that DOESN'T beg for food would be a problem.

Well, if you have a pic of the trio, or any one of them I would love to see it. My stress level is up and kitties help. My other kitty (T-Bone) keeps searching the house for his nemesis. That is also a problem.

Babbling, tired. Worried. Thanks for your response!
Old 07-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Good Boy

Default count my prayers in too

this whole conversation is giving me watery eyes and a lump in my throat! but at least now i knwo im not the only cat crazy person on this site.
me, my husband myles, and all ten of our cats will be praying for you and qtip. dont lose hope, there's a reason cats got the reputation of having 9 lives...they are very resilient.
signed, Angie, Myles, peachy, rosie, kitty, joey, Monty and his wife Purple, and their four children, Midnite, JuJu, Kinky, Squishy.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:49 PM

Smile Kat

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie and knot in it and hang on"

Thinking of you and Tip.