Forum

Old 11-05-2017, 09:10 AM

Unhappy Playing on a laptop

Since my old desktop computer bit the dust last month, I am now playing on this site my with HP laptop. I'm having issues with getting the right font and proper screen position (although the red arrow/equal sign help, they slow me down), But most of all, the touch pad is so sensitive it jumps all over the screen by itself (I adjusted it as much as possible). This problem is not unique to this site - I have trouble in email applications and MS Word with the jumping cursor and have not found a fix.

Also, I am finding that my stats will show missed puzzles that never came up on my screen, requiring me to retrieve them from my recent games list. All of this is slowing my time down terribly, and it's frustrating because I love to compete. Just wondering if any users on this site may have any tips for playing with a laptop. I never had any problems with my desk top PC at all. Thanks!
Old 11-05-2017, 09:51 AM

I use a laptop without a mouse and sometimes I see my page disappear to the right, so it must be a touchy touchpad. Anyway, it's probably a good idea to frequently check scores if you're playing for 100%, just to make sure that you don't have anything sitting there unsolved. Like this problem, for instance…..
Old 11-10-2017, 04:53 AM

Touchpad used to cause me issues, too, mostly double loads. I recommend using a mouse instead and maybe disabling your touchpad completely while playing cryptograms, or at least turning off the tapping function. You can find instructions online if you google "disabling touchpad"
Old 11-11-2017, 12:48 AM

When using my laptop for cryptograms I always use a mouse with the touch pad disabled. makes a huge difference. Good luck