Forum

Old 09-21-2017, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maradnu View Post
Missed this way back when, but I wasn't playing much then.

My screen name comes from Judaism, from the High Holy Day prayer, the Vidui Ashamnu, which is sung during services then. We confess as a group not only our personal sins, but the sins of the community as a whole.

Maradnu means - we have rebelled. I thought it apropos, given that I don't always cleave to the common path.
(i'm editing my comment to include the thoughts i had before the brief comment i originally wrote. in no way did i mean to denigrate your explanation) :
that's deep, maradnu--i like it.
now mine feels so ordinary!

Last edited by wvwoman : 09-22-2017 at 06:03 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:21 PM

Weird, I feel like I did answer this, but now I don't see it. So, maybe not.

I loved the Muppets' version of The Frog Prince back in the 1970s. The evil witch cast a spell on the princess and made her speak backwards, or "wackbards." Only the Frog Prince could understand her. If you've never seen it, do yourself a favor and find it somewhere---still a classic.

Anyway, at one point, the princess says "I want to quee the bean" (be the queen). Apparently, I thought it was so funny as a child that I ended up with the nickname Bean. The whole movie still amuses me, and therefore, inspired my moniker here.

Bert (also a Muppet---I just now realized that) as my avatar represents my true personality. Wish I were an Ernie, but I'm a Bert.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:07 PM

Default wvwoman

Your name is clearly descriptive - nothing at all wrong with that.

Another part of why I chose mine is that it was not clear to most people - though somewhat memorable.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queethebean View Post
Weird, I feel like I did answer this, but now I don't see it. So, maybe not.

I loved the Muppets' version of The Frog Prince back in the 1970s. The evil witch cast a spell on the princess and made her speak backwards, or "wackbards." Only the Frog Prince could understand her. If you've never seen it, do yourself a favor and find it somewhere---still a classic.

Anyway, at one point, the princess says "I want to quee the bean" (be the queen). Apparently, I thought it was so funny as a child that I ended up with the nickname Bean. The whole movie still amuses me, and therefore, inspired my moniker here.

Bert (also a Muppet---I just now realized that) as my avatar represents my true personality. Wish I were an Ernie, but I'm a Bert.
i would never have thought of quee the bean being a spoonerism--that's delightful!
Old 09-23-2017, 09:34 PM

Default BoggyBoots

I originally came on quotes as swampy_sox. A power glitch knocked me off the web and when I came back to crypto's I couldn't get on. I reapplied as BoggyBoots which was accepted. Swampy _ sox came from a name used on another chat forum back in '99. I went out picking wild mint and got a booter. Made wild mint tea to help get over the cold I got. Male 70
Old 09-23-2017, 11:03 PM

What a funny and fun name...! Hope the mint tea worked for you.

Boggy Boots....I love it
Old 09-23-2017, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoggyBoots View Post
I originally came on quotes as swampy_sox. A power glitch knocked me off the web and when I came back to crypto's I couldn't get on. I reapplied as BoggyBoots which was accepted. Swampy _ sox came from a name used on another chat forum back in '99. I went out picking wild mint and got a booter. Made wild mint tea to help get over the cold I got. Male 70
your profile page picture is beautiful!
Old 09-25-2017, 04:18 AM

I was dating a woman in 1995 whose screen name was Tiki. While she probably meant the hawaiian totem doll, I thought of Rikki Tikki Tavi. My screen name was either going to be Rikki or Tavi, and I chose the more unusual. In subsequent years, somebody else started using Tavi on some sites, so I added 5280 (For my home city of Denver, the mile high city).
M 52.

Last edited by tavi5280 : 11-07-2017 at 05:02 AM.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:58 AM

Mine is pretty obvious - I have a Yorkie, and she totally rules!
Old 09-28-2017, 05:43 PM

A little comic strip known as Calvin and Hobbes.