Forum

Old 09-15-2016, 02:24 PM

Default Huge jump in average time

I just had my average time jump from 57.something to 65.something. I am not that slow... My average had been going down, and then this happened out of nowhere. Any tips on how I can fix this or what happened?
Old 09-15-2016, 05:24 PM

Default Average time

One or two bad times can skew the average time. The fewer puzzles solved during the month, the easier it is for a few to have a big impact. Look at your recent games and see if there is anything there that stands out.
Old 09-16-2016, 08:33 AM

Thanks. I've done over a thousand puzzles this month, so I didn't think one could cause that big of a jump. I looked at my recent puzzles, and I had one listed as 8307 seconds!! The weird thing is, it was in the middle of a puzzle sessions where I was doing them at a normal rate. I didn't take a nap or a phone call or anything, so how could this have happened?

It's not a big deal. I have bigger priorities in life, but it is strange and a little bit upsetting. I was getting to be very proud of my average time.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:32 AM

Occasionally, the site will give you a "double-load." It loads two puzzles at the same time. Check your recent games played while playing to help make sure you didn't miss a double load.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:37 AM

Thanks! I will definitely be aware from now on.