Forum

Go Back   Cryptograms Forums > Cryptograms.org Discussion > Main Forum

Old 05-10-2015, 05:18 AM

I think I have the same problem, I clicked on "Try another cryptogram" (the page was still open from yesterday) and only got a server error. Now my 100% is gone, but the game doesn't appear in my Recent Games.
Is there a chance to fix it? If so, how do I contact support? (The "questions or comments" form at the bottom of the page? Or the forum admin contact form?)

Of course maybe I should NOT try to fix it, because if the 100% is gone for good anyway, I could just skip difficult cryptograms in the future instead of being obsessed with "must solve ALL of them"...
Old 05-10-2015, 07:14 AM

Same thing happened to me today, and I lost my 100% success rate...

But don't worry, ConfusedCat, your 100% is not gone for good anyway. Once you have solved enough puzzles, the few unsolved ones will have less effect, and your success rate will go back to 100%. Check the "Hall of fame" results - there are many people there with total success rate of 100%, but you can see that none of them have the exact same amount of puzzles in "Played" and "Solved" columns.
Old 05-10-2015, 09:59 AM

Smile

Thanks, Yorkies Rule. I just realized that Forum might be a good place to get help with this problem.
Old 05-10-2015, 01:05 PM

As a general rule, PM-ing or emailing Admin (find the username in the members' list) is the fastest way to get a response. Stephen manages an ever-growing number of Puzzle Baron sites. We're the chattiest because the puzzles are so short, but every site has issues at some point. It's best to bring them to his attention directly and he'll get to it as soon as he is able.
Old 05-10-2015, 11:09 PM

I've always found that contacting Stephen through the "questions/comments" at the bottom of each page was the most effective. At least that's been my experience.
Old 05-11-2015, 03:57 AM
Administrator

Hi everyone -

I apologize for the late response - I've been out of the country, and then got hit with a nasty cold literally the day after I returned, so I'm a bit behind on things at the moment.

Re: stats, unfortunately I cannot fix 100% success rates due to server errors. However, it has become clear that these server issues are becoming more and more prevalent, and the tweaks and patches I've been applying don't seem to be improving things. More than likely I'm going to have to invest in a new server to handle the increased load. I will be pursuing that this week.

Thanks as always,
Stephen
Old 05-11-2015, 07:21 AM

uh oh. will you be able to remove the 300 puzzles it said i didn't solve and get my success rate back in the 90s? (i have screen shots of them all!)