Forum

Old 05-07-2015, 07:17 PM

As the slow-moving freight train rumbled past the back gate, one of the trainmen tossed an orange out the yellow caboose window and called out, "Here ya go, kid, tell your grandpappy Zeke says 'hey!'"
Old 05-07-2015, 08:27 PM

Hmmm... not sure what happened to my last attempt to post apologies to all so here it is again. I figured that I needed to start a new thread for the next Pootie Game and did so under the heading: A Pootie Game Revived #2: The Kid. See you all there - and thanks for your patience.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:46 PM

i don't think one line was a rule--at least that's not how you explained it, barnabas--for some reason, i just thought that was the protocol!
i don't mind more than one line at all. a paragraph does tend to move it along faster and give it some cohesiveness--nothing wrong with that. (personally, one line was about all i could ever come up with!)
it all works, right?
Old 05-07-2015, 09:02 PM

My concern was that when I felt I was trying to breathe some fresh life into the story by adding a paragraph or two, and also for the reasons you stated, WV, what actually seemed to happen was that the story (which was never anything more than a game) became a little more suffocated. It became something exclusive rather than inclusive. A few people expressed their feelings that they felt intimidated. And that's the last thing I wanted. I'm hoping puzzleme's fresh start will take off; it certainly looks like a fun opening line.