Forum

Old 03-21-2014, 12:00 PM

Default Curious about crashes.

Sometimes the site crashes (or my connection fails) when entering a solved puzzle. For the past few months I've been waiting and restarting and using "retry a previous" to reload and answer again but this represents a substantial time drain. Also, it seems not perfectly effective as my percentage is still not 100% and I haven't failed to solve a puzzle in the last year.
Old 03-21-2014, 01:40 PM

Which browser are you using, WRQ9? Last fall I had a similar problem with the site and discovered it was some gremlin with Internet Explorer. I switched to Firefox and the problem vanished.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:23 PM

I used Internet Explorer too. I had problems with crashes, double loads, screens freezing up, and slowness. Last year I was on vacation at my daughter's and used her computer to play, and it only had Google Chrome loaded as the browser. I switched to it when I got home and haven't had any problems since. I heard that it's also more secure than IE, and I can browse in incognito mode.
Old 03-22-2014, 04:27 AM

Default Agreed

I also have Google Chrome at home. My school system uses Firefox. Both are fast and reliable.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:49 PM

Talking not a hundered100%

My computer messed up my perfect score. I overpaid my internet and they cut it off
Old 03-25-2014, 01:28 AM

Thanks a lot, I haven't been paying much attention to that!
Old 03-26-2014, 10:44 AM

I've been using either Chrome or Firefox the whole time, but still I'm getting doubles every now and then... For some reason it has gotten worse: only today it has happened at least three times! This time I've noticed them early enough to save my solving percentage (last month I didn't), but my average solving time has taken a bad hit. Anyone else having this sort of problem?
Old 04-06-2014, 08:20 AM

Anna, I too switched to Firefox and it works great. Like they say when making online transactions, only hit the button one time. I don't even trust the spinning "busy" , or lack of it, when loading a puzzle. If it does not load immediately, I go to "recent games" and scroll to the bottom to make sure. I keep a separate tab open on cryptograms specifically for this purpose. I also use the separate tab to check scores, in case I want to go back to the puzzle I just solved, as you can no longer use the browser "back" button.
My goal is 100% solve rate, so I keep working on a puzzle, no matter how long it takes. Average score is my secondary goal (which is affected by some of my very slow solve times).
Old 04-06-2014, 02:01 PM

I must admire your dedication, Quizzical! I too want to keep my success rate in 100 percent, which is why I was very disappointed that one time I didn't notice I'd accidentally loaded a double before it was too late.

I'm pretty sure the one day doubles occured several times within a short period was due to me using touchpad instead of my mouse (I was ill and just took my laptop in bed and didn't have any proper surface to put mouse on). Apparently the touchpad somehow interpreted my clicks as double clicks every now and then. Now that I've been using mouse again, the doubles occur much less frequently.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:18 PM
Banned

Welcome at this forum. It is a very good community having a big collection of things that we desire. We gat knowledge about latest technology and make fun in entertainment corner. Stay blessed.