Forum

Old 02-04-2014, 08:52 AM

I've said it before and I'll say it again, WV.... I love those bats!
Old 02-04-2014, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvwoman View Post
i gotta say, barnabas, if there were a prize for this topic, you've won it!
That was my first thought too - "Dude, you win!" Reading all these stories is REALLY fun
Old 02-04-2014, 10:36 AM

and you, universalmom, win for "most fun forum topic"!! i'm basing it on my opinion in my time here.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:23 PM

U-Mom, did you get the avatar thing figured out? What with this particular thread, I (and probably a few others) am curious as to what you selected for an avatar.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:33 PM

Well, I always wondered about Oddcouple, whether it was two people or one, and male, female, or possibly both if there were TWO. Now we know.

Barnabas, how interesting, and here's a third vote for you as the "winner".
Old 02-04-2014, 01:38 PM

that just reminded me that i've always wondered the same thing about jenandbrent!
Old 02-04-2014, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
U-Mom, did you get the avatar thing figured out? What with this particular thread, I (and probably a few others) am curious as to what you selected for an avatar.
No, I'm still stumped! I'm about as tech-savvy as...well, as the reef triggerfish I selected Scuba and free-diving make me really happy, so I thought a sea creature was the right avatar for me. (That could be a fun thread - hobbies?)
Old 02-04-2014, 10:08 PM

Default what inspired your name?

I thought of something that went with my personality, Sometimes I act more crazy than my kids. I am a very outgoing person and I don't like to act my age. Next Monday is going to be my 49th birthday and I am going to try to tell everybody that is my birthday. I became an an American citizen(very proud) in 1997 but I was born in Mexico(or how I call it Mejico that's the Spanish pronunciation), That is why I put Loco on my name because of my Hispanic heritage which I am very proud. My kids agree with the name 100 percent. My real name es Omar
Old 02-04-2014, 11:45 PM

What a wonderful thread!!

Barnabas, I think I met you on vacation in Italy back a few years ago! If it wasn't you, it was certainly another mortician with a great sense of humor. He entertained all of us daily! And our dinners together are still a delightful remembrance! He bought the greatest metro-sexual Italian shoes in Venice...! I've always wondered if he wore them when he got back to the States.

U-Mom, I hope you manage to find a really great avatar. Pootie sent me the one that I use. We had pm'd a few x's about my having a rescued grey and she told me about her volunteering at an doggie adoption ctr in her free time. I've thought about changing it a few times, but I just can't do it. It always reminds me of her inspiring personality.

Fredsevent....jeez, but I was so wrong about your name! I thought you were FRED, and seventy!

Oddcouple....that was one of the funniest shows on TV! I'm so happy to know the context.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:22 AM

oh, man, i am lovin' this--you guys are such fun!

but listen, i'm still not clear on you, fredsevent--originally, i too had read yours as "fred's event"--and now, after reading what you wrote, i wondered if the "seven t" meant you're 70--but looking back, i realize that's not really what you said. so. where'd the "7" and then the "t" come from? (my poor brain needs more clues!)