Forum

Go Back   Cryptograms Forums > Cryptograms.org Discussion > Main Forum

Old 01-23-2014, 08:51 PM

I don't have time for many puzzles these days, but when I was younger I loved just about any puzzle. I used to enjoy mechanical puzzles such as rubiks cube, logic puzzles, anagrams, chess, just about any kind of puzzle except crossword puzzles.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:25 PM

Lurker is correct. Momof6 used to be me. Now I'm a mom of 7, so I renamed myself (3 years ago). My daily cup of hot chocolate is my mini vacation. It keeps me out of the loony bin. I used to wait till it was all quiet at night, but now with my 'baby' in Nursery School I can get that daily dose of sanity in the morning. I just love puzzles and so I find time. I usually do cryptograms one here, one there in between the things I am supposed to be doing. I also love Sudokus and crosswords, but have never tried doing them on line. (I'm also not that good at either of them.)
Old 01-24-2014, 08:06 AM

Default what other puzzles

I do like cryptograms best, but jigsaw puzzles are enjoyable too and thanks, Thresa for the magic keys site, that is very cool! I used to like logic puzzles and need to get my brain going on those again. They are harder to me now than they used to be!!
Old 01-25-2014, 04:39 PM

Thumbs up Enjoying the replies posted.

I am addicted to a logic game from a long time ago, and now have the android one on my kindle. It's called "Sherlock". You can try some freebie puzzles. Once you learn it ...

I'm not very good at these Cryptograms, but I know if I play more often I'll improve. I also enjoyed Crickler, and am glad someone jogged my memory on that.

Old 02-07-2014, 08:04 PM

Universalmom - So glad to here that there's another Cricklers fan among the cryptos!

Thresa - I gotta check those outů!
Old 02-10-2014, 08:00 PM

I've recently become re-obsessed with the logic puzzles on this site - they are kicking my butt and thoroughly humbling me! I do 4x5 grids, "moderate" difficulty, and I'm just starting to reach Average.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:14 PM

universalmom, are the logic puzzles timed? I used to love logic puzzles, but never considered timing my solve times.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:23 PM

Yes, the ones on this site are timed! I found it kind of odd at first, but it's growing on me. There's never anything in the comments section, though, and I don't get the impression that the solvers are as lively a community as we are
Old 02-10-2014, 11:12 PM

That's all I need, another place to show me how slow I am. I think I will pass
Old 02-11-2014, 07:18 AM

I tried an "easy" one yesterday and felt like an idiot. No mistakes, but it took me quite a while. I used to be much better at them. It has been a long time. Maybe with practice. They have a LOT more registered players over there, and over 2,000 "active" members. But this is still the most social Puzzle Baron site.