Forum

Old 01-12-2014, 10:07 PM

Default Lost cryptogram not in Recent Games

About 20 minutes ago, a puzzle page loaded with no puzzle on it -- just the usual buttons to click on to check, etc. I pushed 'enter' to submit it, thinking that I could retrieve the unsolved puzzle from recent games. Instead, a new puzzle (Jerry Seinfeld) loaded at the same instant that I pushed enter. I solved the Seinfeld puzzle and then looked for the other one. My stats say that I no longer have 100% solve rate, because I am down one puzzle. Recent Games says that I have solved everything!
I have tried refreshing, moving around to different parts of the site and back to Recent
Games, and even logging out and back in. Recent Games still says I have no unsolved puzzles.
Have you had this experience? Anyone know how to find the lost puzzle?
Thanks for any help. Wordloon
Old 01-13-2014, 01:25 PM

Wordloon, I haven't had this happen to me but it's all very bizarre. I would suggest using the form that appears at the bottom of each page (even this one!) and send a message to Admin. I don't know if Stephen can help you out, but I know he will try. Good luck.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:39 PM

I had it happen once when the ad for Premium was at the bottom of the screen when I hit Enter to submit the puzzle. Now I make sure the ad is closed before I start the puzzle. (Only happens once every couple of days.)