Forum

Go Back   Cryptograms Forums > Cryptograms.org Discussion > Main Forum

Old 10-23-2013, 11:22 AM
Quilter-in-Charge

Default Happy Birthday Monty!

A belated Happy Birthday to you! Sorry I logged on a day late! It is the story of my life! Hope it was a good day.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:37 PM

A belated Happy Birthday to you, Monty!
Old 10-25-2013, 12:26 PM

Default Thanks!

Thanks once again to all my good friends out there. Bansai, that is some memory you have there. I am glad I could bring some jocularity into your lives, although I've been known to give a rant or two in the past.

One addition to the festivities; my wife gave me her present later that day. It was the 2013 Hallmark Star Trek Christmas ornament, the USS Kelvin. Life is good!

PS -- I believe opallady's birthday is coming up soon.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:13 AM

I thought the most recent Star Trek film, Into Darkness was very good. My youngest son, who is a bigger Trek fan than me, didn't like it as much. What did you think, Monty?
Old 10-26-2013, 02:48 PM

I rather liked it, Barnabas. The producers seemed to be trying to move their version of the franchise a little closer to the original show's "history". I guess they realized they had strayed a little too far from the already well-established Star Trek story line.

It was also nice that they are giving the supporting characters some meatier parts, although they really need to quit revisiting old enemies and bring in some new original foes.

It was also nice seeing the Kirk character grow up a little. He can be a rebel without being so snarky about it.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:04 PM

Happy happy birthday darling!