Forum

Old 06-27-2013, 05:07 AM

He does have the power to moderate all comments in every part of the site. Perhaps, only forbidden words trigger his moderation mode.

Let's be honest, if all annoying comments were banned, how many would end up posted?

And I can't stand kjmcaj leaving times either. Yes, I went there. Name and everything.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:51 AM

Very well said, my friend. Like you, I am a poor typist and even if I were fast I could never solve as fast as some of the members do. This causes me to admire them greatly, not envy or doubt them. I do, however occasionally repond to what I see as a smart-alec comment, or one with an extremely politically biased tone with one of my own. I shouldn't do this. This site is for fun and I learn things in the bargain. In future I will try to hold my tongue/fingers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehallbackhoe View Post
I can't type, my computor is not the fastest,nor am I skilled enough to solve these puzzles as fast as some on this site, I have only been playing for a few months now, and I have seen the same puzzles pop up several times. to suggest that some people are cheating just because they are faster than us with less experience is silly. rather than complaining about those who are faster, I take my hat off to them , and keep on working on my own speed. you folks are awesome. Ignore the naysayers, they probably won't stick around for long anyway.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:55 AM

Give yourself a break, Lurker. Very understandable. Honestly, sometimes I find myself hoping a comment of mine gets banned. Hindsight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
He does have the power to moderate all comments in every part of the site. Perhaps, only forbidden words trigger his moderation mode.

Let's be honest, if all annoying comments were banned, how many would end up posted?

And I can't stand kjmcaj leaving times either. Yes, I went there. Name and everything.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:25 AM

Default re: New feature - input indeed!

Hi -

I gotta agree about it being annoying with the posting of personal times in the comments section. I posted a reply in one of the forums (New feature - input indeed!) a couple of months ago (see below).

I did notice soon after, that that commenter's comments were often left blank. I think (maybe confirm this admin?) that admin began to go back and erase said commenter's "times".... Has anyone else seen this pattern? I believe it may be the only solution for admin short of creating a whole new feature....

here's the reply to forum I made:

completion times in the comments section

I've noticed lately that there is a newer player who seems to be posting their completion time in the comments section - there's just the player's name and 52 secs., or whatever.

I don't think the comments area is a good place for this person's record keeping, as, if everybody started doing the same, the comments would become cluttered with completion times.

However, I do see and understand what this player is doing - which is to keep track of their personal achievements. I kind of like the idea, just not in the comments section, but then there's really no other way to do it.

Perhaps there is some way to add a feature which would track a player's personal information, just for that player to see?

Hmmm, I don't know enough about web sites to know if this would be possible...
Old 07-10-2013, 07:55 AM

P.S.

As momof7 said: I also "...have to laugh when I see a comment that I left and I have no recollection of having said it, but it was just what I was about to type in."

Also, sometimes I see a comment I made and cringe a little - evidence of too much wine while cryptoing?

Haha - still better than drinking and ____ (fill in the blank) facebooking, driving, etc. ....

Old 07-10-2013, 08:23 AM

P.P.S.

I wish pootie could chime in on this thread she had started....
Old 07-10-2013, 08:23 AM

i've noticed some of those blank messages, too, but have actually created at least one blank comment by accident myself, and have seen plenty by others, too. (it just involves hitting the "submit your comment" button with an empty comment box!) i just assumed those blank ones were accidents. wouldn't admin just take down the whole thing, not just the time? i have no clue how that works.

the latest i've seen, though, have had a comment followed by the score. not fooling anyone!

i think it'd be super to have someone track my achievements for me, but i think it's safe to say, "it ain't gonna happen!" it would be simple to do in excel (or an excel-type program). i just haven't cared enough to do it.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:25 AM

haha! well said and thought out wvwoman - a very good solution
Old 07-10-2013, 05:32 PM

@wvwoman: Yep, I have at least two blank comments from being careless and hitting the "submit" button before actually typing anything. I only hope that, if I ever get those quotes again, I can remember what I was going to write and fix the mistakes.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:08 PM

Default Comment col.

Maybe some who post their times just felt elated that they did pretty good.