Forum

Go Back   Cryptograms Forums > Cryptograms.org Discussion > Main Forum

Old 06-21-2013, 03:32 AM

Hi Wvwoman,

Like Stephen, I too use Malwarebytes as my anti-virus program to get rid of viruses and trojans, but sometimes even it fails to locate the problem. I don't know a lot about computers, but I have learned a lot over time through trial and error and from internet forum chats. I had one particularly difficult to remove trojan that only Spybot Search and Destroy was able to remove. You can go to the CNet site to download it for free. Be sure to run the scan as an administrator. I hope that helps solve your problem for good. I don't do a lot of surfing on the internet, but I still do daily scans rather than wait for problems to arise. By the way, if you use multiple anti-malware programs like I do, you should only have one running in real time for virus detection.

Lily
Old 06-23-2013, 03:13 AM

Default Strange occurrences on site this morning

This may be helpful-I also use Firefox, and while I didn't notice anything strange today, I become plagued with a slow browser from time to time. I have learned that it's best to just keep all of Firefox's default settings and not try to change anything, even though I may want to. Firefox just seems to run best that way.
Old 06-23-2013, 03:18 AM

Default hmm...

i don't even know if i still have the default settings...or even what that means, exactly!
Old 06-23-2013, 07:48 PM

Default Strange occurrences on site this morning

Wvwoman, I stumbled upon this one day when I just went to open my browser. Instead of my home page opening, the Firefox home page popped up and told me my browser seemed to be opening slowly. It then prompted me to find out more, so I clicked a link that said restore Firefox defaults. I had never seen this before! Must be some built in optimization Firefox offers its users. As an alternative, you can try going to Tools on your menu, click options, then in the startup section at the top of the dialog box, click restore defaults. I assume this feature is the same, but honestly I'm not completely sure. As with the Windows environment, there are always multiple ways of accomplishing the same objective. Good luck!