Forum

Old 10-03-2012, 07:26 AM

Ah Stephen, what a perfect idea !! I can't believe how many awful "comments" I've read....and rebutted...over the years. Needless to say, Bansai is a frequent target because he's so incredibly quick, but I've seen others "dissed" also. I look forward to seeing a clip of Bansai working his magic.

Thank you for addressing this issue with a positive, concrete response.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:58 PM

Can't wait to try this! I'm a bit rusty, but I'll try it later to see if I can get a fast solve time.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
My last one for the day, I promise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIcI8...ature=youtu.be

This is for anyone who wants to know what the plane looks like. Bonus, I now have a video of "taking back a brick".

Thanks for that.

This is the first time I've seen that plane - and probably the only time I ever will other than on Youtube. It's really interesting to see how people solve so quickly.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:31 PM

Bravo, Stephen! I hope this will put an end to the whiners who complain that only cheaters could solve that fast. Those of us who have played for a long time are sick and tired of explaining that everyone gets faster the more they play. It just takes time and practice, practice, practice. It's also a good thing that the videos were made by players other than Bansai. He holds the most records, so most of the complaints are against him, but this proves that other players can solve quickly too.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:49 PM

Other players, plural? Not that Admin doesn't count, but I'm waiting for more to be posted. Come on, Lily, you're good at stuff like that. Besides, then you would have a YouTube account to post videos of Kayla.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:50 AM

Default yay!!

i'm thrilled to see this!

the first thing i did, after joining this site and seeing those "unbelievable" solve times, was check to see if there were any videos of anyone solving cryptograms (at this site) on youtube---and i couldn't find any. i thought to suggest it, but as a relative newbie, thought it might make me sound distrustful of the "speedies" and didn't want to pi** anyone off!

since then, especially each time i see someone again question speedy solving, i've wondered why no one had posted video of themselves solving, so that there would be an easy way to prove that it's possible.

now, on the other side of the coin, i could certainly post video of how it can take 700 seconds or more to solve one...

(and let me just add that i loooooove this site---thank you all for many hours of enjoyment!)
Old 10-04-2012, 05:11 AM

Default Fast solving

Being a lousy typist, I will probably never set a record. My best time is 22 seconds, and I was playing over my head that day.

But I have discovered proof of one person's special gift for fast solving.

http://scp-wiki.wdfiles.com/local--f...anyfingers.jpg

(If memory serves, Bansai himself may have posted this photo earlier.)

Old 10-04-2012, 07:09 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to bansaisequoia
Default Election year

Hey, everybody, bansaisequoia is throwing his hat into the ring! Be sure to watch this video with your bookshelf speakers turned on, because you don't want to miss the audio portion of this presentation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4jDS...ature=youtu.be
Old 10-04-2012, 07:29 AM

LOL! Bansai, I loved the audio portion of your video. I hope this finally puts an end to all those people who complain about cheating. I am sick and tired of their whining that it's impossible to solve that fast. You showed them that you're a real person and not a computer program.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:50 AM

Yahoo!!! Bansai you're so funny....I laughed my way through your utube video. I solve the same way you do, but nearly so fast. You're the BEST opponent one could ask for. Thanks so much for sharing.