Go Back   Cryptograms Forums > Cryptograms.org Discussion > Main Forum

Old 08-25-2008, 02:55 AM

Question

Here's another one:

Success Rate: 40%
Average Time: 104 seconds
Record Time: 0 seconds ()
Your Time: 34 seconds

Now, while I understand Stephen's explanation, that doesn't apply to this quote. I solved the same exact quote earlier this evening, so there should have been a record time, since I am a registered member.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:59 AM
Administrator

Statistics are not recompiled automatically - the server would completely overload if we did that. Instead we cycle a script once every minute that recompiles the statistics for one puzzle at a time. We process 1,440 puzzle statistics a day, so it generally takes about 3 weeks before a puzzles stats are reconfigured.

Again, its only an issue for new quotes. I now regret making statistics visible at all for them, its causing too much confusion.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:59 AM
The Cheshire Kat

Default thanks

Thank you for the explanation, I appreciate it. You are on top of things, as always.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:03 AM

Default Stats

That makes sense then. Thanks.

I like the stats though - I like knowing how others have fared on the same quotes.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:10 AM
Administrator

Hi everyone -

I've gone ahead and remove stats display for quotes that simply haven't been played enough times yet for stats to make any appreciable sense. Apologies for the confusion this has caused!

I'm glad I've learned the lesson though, because I've got several thousand more quotes waiting to be entered into the system over the next several months. I believe I will space these out a bit more than I had intended to previously, so that players won't be completely inundated with puzzles that have no statistics showing.