Forum

Old 05-23-2009, 11:16 PM
xomalley

Default my time vs the fastest claimed.

I guess I'm not as good at puzzles as I thought . My average time is in the low average
most of the record times are about 1/10 of my average.
For example if bonzi had a score of 15 seconds mine will be about 150sec
can we have a more encourageing score average. maybe using the most recuring times. Because averageing 15sec,20sec 20sec and 300sec gives us about 88sec-----still about 1/2 of my score ????
thanks
chris
Old 05-24-2009, 03:56 PM

Default xomalley

If you take a look, there is a graph which roughly shows the frequency distribution of times. Also, the 'average' time is not an arithmetic average, according to the admin, but the median score. So the average time shown has half the people faster and half the people slower.

Sorry your times are on the slow side. As long as you don't let yourself get too discouraged, your times will improve. If you judge yourself against Bansai or whoever else holds the record for that puzzle, it can quickly get depressing.

Just grade yourself against yourself, understanding that you may have good and bad spells, but you will improve with practice.