Forum

Old 05-10-2009, 07:22 AM

Default thanks admin

When I asked that question, I was pretty sure that the answer was no, but since my technical skills are limited, I thought it should be asked.

I may be wrong, but it sounds to me like the problems that folks are experiencing are due strictly to their own computers/connections/ or lack thereof screwing up and have nothing to do with the site.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:06 PM

Default Beth

I do not like to cause any disagreement, but I beg to differ because if that were so then why are so many of us from different parts of the world using different computers and browsers etc. all experiencing the same problem on this site. The same exact problems on this site...only.

I have to disagree, sorry.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:31 AM

Default Oh Well

I'm not sure there's anyone on earth who can give a correct and satisfactory answer to your questions, Pootie, and those of the "others" who are having the same problem. I believe it would require a very complex questionnaire and someone to figure it all out.

As I said, I DID have disconnects a couple of times when using IE, but have NOT since switching to firefox. And I have made absolutely no other changes.

I do feel badly that some of you are having this problem. It's gotta be frustrating.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:03 AM

Talking Thanks

Thanks for the support, it is frustating, and I imagine that it is happening to others who just don't use the forum.

And hopefully by bringing it up and bandying it about, maybe admin or someone can find an answer.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:44 PM

Default Firefox

I've been using Firefox for about a year and for the most part, love it. However, I've lost track of the times the browser has crashed on me in the middle of a cryptogram. Quite often when it restarts I am informed that the latest version of Firefox has just been installed.

I still prefer it to IE.

Laura
Old 05-16-2009, 12:31 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to bansaisequoia
Lightbulb Tempus Fugit

PHP Code:
I may be wrongbut it sounds to me like the problems that folks are experiencing are due strictly to their own computers/connections/ or lack thereof screwing up and have nothing to do with the site.
Reply With Quote 
Sorry, pootie et al., but I agree with gryhnd. I think it really depends on your hardware and internet connections. I had a wormy, Trojany computer for a while, but now that I've bought a new computer, I find I'm faster than ever. This computer hasn't had time yet to be inhabited by a lot of covert spyware, and its processor is one gig more than my old notebook. I think the reason that it seems to people that there is a problem particular to this site is because we are racing against the clock, ergo you notice if it takes a few seconds longer. When you are loading lolcat, you just don't notice those extra few seconds.