Forum

Go Back   Cryptograms Forums > Cryptograms.org Discussion > Main Forum

Old 03-02-2009, 09:41 AM
The Cheshire Kat

Default pain relief

interesting. I have been concerned since the allergic reaction I had due to motrin. Like the feedback. Curious, Bansai, "My bar", hmm... The bar you frequent? And the poor girl who has any number of maladies? Well, curiosity/Kat Go figure. It's late.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:55 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to bansaisequoia
Exclamation I had one of those

HTML Code:
...have you tried Tylenol # 1 with codeine...
Actually, poots, I don't have a condition for which a doctor might prescribe codeine (or is that over the counter for Canucks?) And I rarely need an analgesic when I am not under the care of a doctor for a particular malady. What I really miss about aspirin, is that nothing picks one up more and alleviates minor hangover symptoms more than good old acetylsalicylic acid. In addition, it's actually bad for people (especially men), to use acetaminophen (Tylenol) for hangover symptoms.

That's why I want them to develop an over the counter dermal aspirin patch!

Last edited by bansaisequoia : 03-04-2009 at 12:46 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:41 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to bansaisequoia
Lightbulb Things that make you go hmmm...

HTML Code:
"My bar", hmm... The bar you frequent? And the poor girl who has any number of maladies? Well, curiosity/Kat Go figure.
Actually, kat, my bar is a place I frequent. However, at one time this same location was a restaurant where I was employed. Actually, I've worked at three different restaurants over the years, here at this same location. That's how fast restaurants and bars come and go here in my crazy Palm Beach County community. As I've told you in an earlier private message, I spent 23 years in the restaurant/hospitality industry. That's why I've gone completely insane.

As for the girl with any number of maladies?

They no longer serve her. One evening she fell off a bar stool right next to me. Alcohol/Oxy-Contin/Driving don't mix. Am I conceited if I say I think she had a little crush on me? (Why can't I meet a normal girl?)

Last edited by bansaisequoia : 03-03-2009 at 03:56 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:46 PM

Default A patch for every purpose...

(shrugs)

How long have birth control patches been approved for use (by prescription)? For three weeks female hormones are efficiently absorbed through one's skin directly into the blood stream -- resulting in 60% greater exposure to estrogen (so says Ortho Evra's web page), presumably because the digestive tract has been bypassed.

So I'm wondering why NSAID patches are not available OTC -- and remember that Vioxx (used to treat arthritis) was pulled by Merck in Oct 2004 due to potentially lethal cardiovascular side effects: heart attacks, stroke. Damages from Vioxx-related lawsuits have totaled $4.5 billion... and just last October Pfizer promised $894M for claims against Bextra (Celebrex only, in the same class of Cox-2 inhibitors, remains on the market).

Would that be the reason... you think... that something as simple and effective as a pain patch is still not available OTC? Too risky for big pharma's big pockets...

Andrea