Forum

Old 10-16-2008, 06:05 AM
Administrator

Default Questions, Comments and Feedback

Hi folks -

If you have a question, comment or feedback on our new Cryptograms iPhone Application please feel free to post it here. Either Jason or myself will be happy to assist with any technical problems or questions you might have.

Cheers -

Stephen
Old 11-17-2008, 02:26 AM
seclee

Question bad parameters

hi. Love cryptogramming but ... Lately I'm getting a lot of 'bad parameter' notices when I try to upload. It's driving me daft. Why do I keep getting it? And is it affecting my recorded score?
Old 11-20-2008, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seclee View Post
hi. Love cryptogramming but ... Lately I'm getting a lot of 'bad parameter' notices when I try to upload. It's driving me daft. Why do I keep getting it? And is it affecting my recorded score?
I haven't seen this problem on my device since the early test versions.. do you mind working with us to try and debug this?

The bad parameter error occurs when there is missing data in the post information that client uploads. During the upload, the client advertises how many results it is uploading, and then the data for all of the results. If something is missing, the bad parameter warning occurs.

My first thought is that this is related to the quantity of puzzles you are uploading at once. So one question is: does this error happen when you upload a lot of puzzles at a time? Or does it happen even if you are uploading just one finished puzzle?

Second, what is the frequency? Say, one in two uploads cause the problem, or one in ten? All of them?

The best way to see if it is affecting your score is to check your scorecard before and after the upload. If you get the error, see if it has incremented your number-of-games-played counter.

Regards,
Jason
________
Coach handbags

Last edited by jason : 04-12-2011 at 12:05 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:27 AM

Send a message via AIM to xBoudicca

I wonder - is there ever going to be more expansive sorts of add-ons/applications? For example, will you offer software that can be used on the LG Dare?
I don't have an iPhone, but I love playing cryptograms online or offline...
Old 06-04-2009, 07:57 AM

Default Problem with a cryptogram

I'm sorry but I could not find any link or heading to start a new thread ... so I hope putting this here will get a response.

I was trying to solve a Vladamir Lenin quote ... and was down to the last missing letter and it read ... without that letter:

Give me your _ears to teach the children and the seed I have sown will never be uprooted.

Letters left to fill in the blank above were: FJKQZ ....
So the only letter that makes _ears into a real word is Fears ... which
when entered is not the correct solution.

Is there an error in this quote?
Old 06-04-2009, 08:36 AM

Default another possible error in a cryptogram ???

I was solving a quote by Malcom X ... and got all but one letter.
It read without that letter:

My Alma Mater has books, a good library. I could spend the rest of my life _ust satisfying my curiosity.

The remaining letters were: JQVWXZ

The only one of these that makes _ust into a real word is Just ...
but that doesn't check out as correct.

Is this another error????

Not my night ... I'm giving up and going to be.
Will check back tomorrow.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silveryaspen View Post
I'm sorry but I could not find any link or heading to start a new thread ... so I hope putting this here will get a response.

I was trying to solve a Vladamir Lenin quote ... and was down to the last missing letter and it read ... without that letter:

Give me your _ears to teach the children and the seed I have sown will never be uprooted.

Letters left to fill in the blank above were: FJKQZ ....
So the only letter that makes _ears into a real word is Fears ... which
when entered is not the correct solution.

Is there an error in this quote?
There's no error in the application.. your solution is incorrect. Just because the words fit with the ciphertext doesn't mean it's correct.. there are alternate solutions (BTW I've verified the correct solution in the database)
________
Gay bareback

Last edited by jason : 04-12-2011 at 12:05 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:46 PM

Question

So, I thought I had solved this one by Dick Cavett:

"I'm perplexed when people adopt the modish appreciation Ms., which doesn'tt appreciate anything except common sense."

Do I have it or not? When checking it says I'm incorrect. I've kept looking for other possibilities.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:47 PM

Default oops

I just got it! Lol. Makes a lot more sense now! Haha!
Old 07-21-2012, 09:31 PM

hi. can someone explain to me how these are scored? why is it that every time i solve a puzzle with a low success rate in an above average time, i receive less points than i get for worse performances on easier puzzles?