Forum

Old 04-04-2014, 10:48 PM

Default not 100 percent

i wonder what is going on because we are getting very low solving percentages. Last year we made cryptogram history by getting 100 percent all of the top 20 players two months in a row
Old 04-05-2014, 12:12 AM

several reasons come to mind. sometimes the site crashes, sometimes we double click and miss the first puzzle, sometimes we are striving for speed rather than solve rate, and sometimes the puzzles are just too hard too solve
Old 04-05-2014, 12:48 PM

Counting people in the middle of a quote, I see 20. It's usually in the low 20s at the start of the month. Then, there are the usual 100%-ers like me who haven't been playing enough to get in the top 50. Maybe some of the others are on spring break.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:32 PM

Default Stastistics

Any time you take a snapshot of a long-term statistical analysis, you have to remember that actual data will fluctuate around the mean. These fluctuations should not be considered a trend; they are as illusory as a baseball player's "slump".
Old 04-09-2014, 08:24 PM

Maybe I don't understand the question, but I am usually in the top 20 and I've NEVER been a 100% er. I'm usually around 94%. I don't understand how all of the top 20 could have been at 100% because I never was close. But as I said, maybe I didn't understand the question .
Old 04-09-2014, 08:56 PM

Default it really did happen

Abra, there was a 2 month period last year when every single person in the top 20 actually had a 100% solve rate. It was an anomaly, I think. I'm pretty sure it had never happened before.