View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 07:21 PM

I think detailing Pootie's statistics would be appropriate. The numbers she achieved are much like the person she was... in a word, awesome. Most of the numbers are easily found elsewhere on this website - such as... 151,330 puzzles solved out of 153,817 attempted for a 98.3% completion rate. Points amassed: 43,449,704. These are numbers that will never change; her last puzzle solved on December 22, 2012 at 3:54 PM (website time). Had she not been stricken with her illness, these numbers would undoubtedly be much higher. One number that will change as time passes will be her ranking on the all-time list, and that is the reason I felt it was important to make note of her statistics. When Pootie passed away she was (and still is) ranked 7th on the all-time list. As the years go by she will eventually drop out of the top 10, and then the top 25, and so on. It's inevitable. What's important to realize, though, is this; even in Pootie's hobbies she strived for excellence. And if she could achieve the kind of excellence here that she did, I would imagine that she was a wonderful family member, friend, co-worker, etc. I have no doubt she was the very best.

Last edited by Barnabas : 07-04-2013 at 07:42 PM.