MORE New Features Request
I just posted a suggestion on the Duplicated Letter New Feature Input Needed thread, but please allow me to repeat it here with some other New Feature requests/suggestions. I have been trying to find if these features have already been suggested, but am unable to locate a SEARCH function on the forum. I know, it's probably right in front of my face and I just can't see it. Oh, well.
Here are the suggestions, starting with the repeated one:
1. A USERS PLAY OPTION feature. This would allow each registered user to elect which of the features they want on or off, or select among options. Such as #2 next.
2. DUPLICATE LETTER NOTIFICATION: This is addressed in another thread, so let me suggest here that the USER ought to be able to elect on their OPTIONS panel whether to have the earlier versions of duplicated letters automatically removed, or have the letters highlighted in a different color if they're duplicated, or to simply leave things as they are, without any notification.
3. HAVE A DIFFERENT SCORING SYSTEM BASED ON HINTS USED Those using no hints score highest, with the score multiplier decreasing for each hint used.
4. GIVE US A PAUSE BUTTON Sometimes, the phone rings in the middle of a puzzle. Giving us a pause button would allow us to complete the puzzle later. If someone is in competition scoring, then using the pause button would eliminate that puzzle from their stats.
5. GIVE US AN ON-SCREEN TIMER: We should be able to display or not display this, selectable on our OPTIONS panel.
6. HOW ABOUT AN "I GIVE UP" BUTTON? Sometimes, we just can't solve a puzzle. Let us click the "I Give Up" button and see the solution, and for those in competition mode, just give them the lowest score possible.
7. CHANGE COLOR OF ON-SCREEN TIMER (#5) BASED ON TIME: The numbers can be various colors of green to blue based on above-below average time for that puzzle.
I hope these suggestions find fertile ground; I believe they will make this app a much better experience for all.
dpm39560 in MS