Cryptograms Forums

Cryptograms Forums (http://www.cryptograms.org/forum/index.php)
-   iPhone Application Questions/Comments (http://www.cryptograms.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Questions, Comments and Feedback (http://www.cryptograms.org/forum/showthread.php?t=84)

silveryaspen 06-04-2009 07:45 PM

The Malcom X quote was here on the regular computer cryptogram site ...
Sorry I'm not familiar with iphone ... but i'm guessing it has to do with cell phones ... I don't own a cell phone as I live in a very mountainous area
where when traveling reception is non-existent between the peaks ... so
my digital home phone is of more use to me ... and less costly with unlimited long distance anywhere in the usa and canada.

pootie49 06-05-2009 09:25 PM

Silvery

The first quote is "give me four years..." the Lenin Quote.

The second Malcolm X quote was correct by Jason,

This forum is for the I-phone clients only...just click on main forum and start a new post.
You just click on Main Forum and on the upper left you will see "New Thread" - Click on that and post away.

Hope that helps Pootie.:)

Another way of getting quick help if you are stuck is to go into the chat box and type in your quote...one of us is always in the chat box at one time or another and if you ask for help we will do our best for you.:)

silveryaspen 06-13-2009 02:03 AM

Thank you, pootie. I am sorry I didn't take a look here until today 6/11/09.
Also thank you for suggesting I use the chat box as many of you will already
know the answer to my question and the response would be more immediate.

Altoid701 06-21-2009 05:15 PM

I'm a member of the regular site and I'm going to be getting one of the new iphones within the next week. I'm definitely planning on downloading the iphone app. Will I be able to use this same account on the iphone version? If so, will the puzzles I complete on the iphone count toward the monthly contest?

admin 06-21-2009 05:38 PM

Hi Altoid -

The iPhone version is completely separate - different accounts, different competitions, different everything. The mechanics of solving on a iphone make it pretty difficult to compete with those using a full keyboard and full-sized monitor, so we decided to keep them both in separate zones for fairness.

12-26-2009 06:29 AM

How do i download puzzles for the offline mode???

flutefish 01-05-2010 10:30 AM

Problem in iphone stats

Jason,
I just downloaded the cryptograms phone app for my new iTouch (santa was good to me this year!). I was just checking the previous months high scores for solving % and noticed that 2 players consistently have over 100% every month. In first place is smackit25 with 111.11%, and in second place is mikaselm with 102.04%. Futhermore, it's the same solving % listed every month - very strange.

--Rella

vicden 10-06-2010 05:19 AM

App issues

Some of these are a little old, but I'll give it a shot. I love the iPhone app, but since the last update it has been a little wonky. I complete a puzzle, click the submit button and ...... nothing. It eventually goes through, but by then, my time stinks. I try pretty hard to keep a good time rating every month, so now I hardly play at all. *sigh*

Oh, and at the beginning of every month, once I've done 1 puzzle, the stats say I have done 2 but only completed one, so I always start the month at 50%

moviris 01-27-2011 09:46 PM

So, I thought I had solved this one by Dick Cavett:

"I'm perplexed when people adopt the modish appreciation Ms., which doesn'tt appreciate anything except common sense."

Do I have it or not? When checking it says I'm incorrect. I've kept looking for other possibilities.

moviris 01-27-2011 09:47 PM

oops

I just got it! Lol. Makes a lot more sense now! Haha!