PDA

View Full Version : Fyodor

jnoodles
07-08-2013, 04:05 PM
I recently made a comment on a puzzle involving Tchaikovsky in which I referd to him as Fyodor. Guess I was thinking about Dostoevsky. Again. Sorry. Fyodor, Pyotr, it's an honest mistake. I'm old.

Lurker
07-08-2013, 10:35 PM
I've often thought it would be nice if we could scan through a list of quotes just to write and read comments (or edit our own), but that would make it too easy to cheat. Maybe you'll get the quote again and can amend your comment.

Barnabas
07-08-2013, 10:52 PM
I did something similar, noodles. I was commenting about the Cuban missile crisis but Bay of Pigs jumped out of my brain. It happens. Wouldn't worry about it.

montyb
07-09-2013, 12:07 AM
At least you didn't mix up the names of your kids, which I have been known to do. I even called them by the dog's name. :o

wvwoman
07-09-2013, 01:22 AM
monty, i had two daughters, and still had to run through a 'list' of names. i used to blame it on the fact that both names started with the same letter/sound, but then the grandkids came along and turned that excuse upside-down.

MmeScherzo
07-09-2013, 09:21 AM
I gave my four daughters all names that didn't start with the same letters, and I still have to run through them to get the one I want.

momof7
07-09-2013, 11:23 PM
It doesn't matter which name leaves my mouth, if I'm looking at you, I mean you.

montyb
07-09-2013, 11:27 PM
I defer to the expert. :D

jnoodles
07-10-2013, 01:30 AM
Wow! Seven? I'm surprised you can recall your own name! I have 5 dogs, 2 cats, 10 ducks, 7 goats and 12 goldfish. They don't all have names but I can't remember them all anyway. You deserve some sort of medal for looking out for such a large family! Or maybe one of those HUGE pro-wrestling belts!!! ."If I'm looking at you, I mean you." Love it! Sure hope you aren't cross-eyed?! It doesn't matter which name leaves my mouth, if I'm looking at you, I mean you.

jnoodles
07-10-2013, 01:32 AM
You're lucky. Not much jumps out of my brain these days. I did something similar, noodles. I was commenting about the Cuban missile crisis but Bay of Pigs jumped out of my brain. It happens. Wouldn't worry about it.

jnoodles
07-10-2013, 01:38 AM
Perhaps the dog was more well behaved? I'm sure this was my own mother's experience! At least you didn't mix up the names of your kids, which I have been known to do. I even called them by the dog's name. :o

jnoodles
07-10-2013, 01:43 AM
I'm sure it will come around again along with a few comments correcting me! I deserve it! I've often thought it would be nice if we could scan through a list of quotes just to write and read comments (or edit our own), but that would make it too easy to cheat. Maybe you'll get the quote again and can amend your comment.