View Full Version : I R A n00b

09-05-2008, 05:27 AM

I'm LIGHTPIE7, I am new to cryptograms.org and have decided to post a 'welcome' post in the forums.

Well, I like Cryptograms... I'm not the best at them though...

I like anime, all music, and the word 'Trizzendies' (Yes... I made that word up)

I'm new (like I said) But I hope you will all come to know and love me as 'the guy who says the word seven too much' real soon.

09-05-2008, 06:05 AM
Welcome to the site! If your new and having trouble, be sure to check out the thread "Help for Newcomers." A bunch of us have posted tips and things we look for. Marandu posted this HUGE list recently of word patterns that's really cool. Be sure to check it out.

09-05-2008, 06:08 AM
lol, I know a couple of tricks.

for instance when a quote/sentence starts with a pattern like this...

The words are probably 'it is'

that's all I know... lol...

If you need me I'll be in the help for newcomers section... 7!

09-05-2008, 10:49 PM
But how would one define "trizzendies"?

09-05-2008, 11:41 PM
Hi LIGHTPIE7. As it is, "it is" is also one of my favorite cryptogram starters. Or is it? :rolleyes:

09-06-2008, 02:34 AM
As an obsessive-compulsive, I also wonder if it's a great start. If it begins that way, I might make a wrong assumption, making an ass out of you and umption. On or about 7:42PM Eastern Daylight Time, I posted this post.

09-06-2008, 04:39 AM
Cute, bansaisequoia! It's a start, though as you so cleverly pointed out, not a guaranee. :) I also like "There are" as a sentence starter.

09-06-2008, 10:17 PM
Thanks, flutefish! Do you play the flute? (And can you play the Griffes "Poem" or Debussy's "Syrinx"?)

09-06-2008, 10:18 PM
Lightpie, check your mailbox.

09-06-2008, 11:49 PM
Lightpie, check your mailbox.

I don't know what that means...

Can you explain?

09-07-2008, 12:05 AM
It means you have a private message. There should be a mailbox icon on the top right-hand corner of your screen. Click on that. :)

09-07-2008, 12:25 AM
It means you have a private message. There should be a mailbox icon on the top right-hand corner of your screen. Click on that. :)

lol, thank you for explaining.

And Bansai I saw your message

09-07-2008, 09:00 AM
Yes, bansaisequoia, I do play the flute. I also sing. I have not played Poem, but I am not sure about the other one. I have played some Debussy in the past, but I don't recall all the names. But there's not much I can't play - I've been playing for almost 20 years. :)

My dad coined the nickname when I was a kid. I was standing next to my brother's fish tank one day, and he came out with this nickname. I wasn't playing my flute at that particular moment, or even holding it, so I have no idea how he came up with it, but he did. And I've been using it ever since.