PDA

View Full Version : I R A n00b

LIGHTPIE7
09-05-2008, 05:27 AM
Hi!!!

I'm LIGHTPIE7, I am new to cryptograms.org and have decided to post a 'welcome' post in the forums.

Well, I like Cryptograms... I'm not the best at them though...

I like anime, all music, and the word 'Trizzendies' (Yes... I made that word up)

I'm new (like I said) But I hope you will all come to know and love me as 'the guy who says the word seven too much' real soon.

flutefish
09-05-2008, 06:05 AM
Welcome to the site! If your new and having trouble, be sure to check out the thread "Help for Newcomers." A bunch of us have posted tips and things we look for. Marandu posted this HUGE list recently of word patterns that's really cool. Be sure to check it out.

LIGHTPIE7
09-05-2008, 06:08 AM
lol, I know a couple of tricks.

for instance when a quote/sentence starts with a pattern like this...

AS AJ

The words are probably 'it is'

that's all I know... lol...

If you need me I'll be in the help for newcomers section... 7!

bansaisequoia
09-05-2008, 10:49 PM
But how would one define "trizzendies"?

Laura
09-05-2008, 11:41 PM
Hi LIGHTPIE7. As it is, "it is" is also one of my favorite cryptogram starters. Or is it? :rolleyes:

bansaisequoia
09-06-2008, 02:34 AM
As an obsessive-compulsive, I also wonder if it's a great start. If it begins that way, I might make a wrong assumption, making an ass out of you and umption. On or about 7:42PM Eastern Daylight Time, I posted this post.

flutefish
09-06-2008, 04:39 AM
Cute, bansaisequoia! It's a start, though as you so cleverly pointed out, not a guaranee. :) I also like "There are" as a sentence starter.

bansaisequoia
09-06-2008, 10:17 PM
Thanks, flutefish! Do you play the flute? (And can you play the Griffes "Poem" or Debussy's "Syrinx"?)

bansaisequoia
09-06-2008, 10:18 PM
Lightpie, check your mailbox.

LIGHTPIE7
09-06-2008, 11:49 PM
Lightpie, check your mailbox.

I don't know what that means...

Can you explain?

kat
09-07-2008, 12:05 AM
It means you have a private message. There should be a mailbox icon on the top right-hand corner of your screen. Click on that. :)

LIGHTPIE7
09-07-2008, 12:25 AM
It means you have a private message. There should be a mailbox icon on the top right-hand corner of your screen. Click on that. :)

lol, thank you for explaining.

And Bansai I saw your message

flutefish
09-07-2008, 09:00 AM
Yes, bansaisequoia, I do play the flute. I also sing. I have not played Poem, but I am not sure about the other one. I have played some Debussy in the past, but I don't recall all the names. But there's not much I can't play - I've been playing for almost 20 years. :)

My dad coined the nickname when I was a kid. I was standing next to my brother's fish tank one day, and he came out with this nickname. I wasn't playing my flute at that particular moment, or even holding it, so I have no idea how he came up with it, but he did. And I've been using it ever since.