PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on a proverb

snappygranny
05-11-2011, 06:25 AM
Please help me... is there another word with the same letter sequence as "little"?

The code for the puzzle is:

HFS ELKM, ORZJ ELKM; HFS GCPPGR, ORZJ GCPPGR.

"Little" is the only word I can think of that fits the GCPPGR,

any help is appreciated! it is rated "difficult" for a reason, I guess.THANKS!!!

now that my time is up for solving this puzzle, I just want to know the answer...the average solving time was over 1000 seconds, but I couldn't get it at all...:confused:

kat
05-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Hi SG,
I'm pretty sure it is "Sow much, reap much; sow little, reap little."
I think I had a heck of a time with that one before too....:mad:

pootie49
05-11-2011, 05:02 PM
It is...the dreaded sow/reap quote.
The quote that stumped us all. And made us say bad things.
And throw things.
You will never forget it.

snappygranny
05-11-2011, 09:24 PM
Thank you soooo much! I could had the "much" and "little", and I tried every verb I could think of that had an e in the second place, but I missed reap...I was living in fear of that quote coming up again. I'm adding it to my stash of stumpers and hope when it surfaces again I'll get it! ;)

pootie49
05-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Snappy and to anyone else, if you get stuck...yell for help in the chatbox...You will get a much quicker response...
Just type the quote out as it appears and I can attest to the fact that someone will work hard
to try and get a solution.

Been there a few times, that's what I like about this site, we play in competition, and yet we will do whatever we can to help a player who is stuck.:)

I'm sorry you lost your 100 percent.

And a list of "stumpers" is also a good suggestion.

snappygranny
05-12-2011, 02:18 AM
Thanks for the tip. Yeah, losing my 100% hurts a little, but I play mostly for my own amusement...I do like to end up in the top three though. Next month maybe...:rolleyes: