PDA

View Full Version : Introduce Yourself

Cryptoid
03-12-2010, 12:54 AM
Also known as QBFMCTYOG KCYMUGAW

I love this website, and noticed that the forums really needed one of these threads. To give it some order, try to follow this format:

1. Name
2. Why you are here
3. Random fact(s) about you
4. Favorite ice-cream flavor
5. A deep dark secret coded in a cryptogram :)

Ok, I guess I should start!

1. My name is Nic Freed, but I go by Cryptoid in these parts
2. I am here for interaction, puzzling, and learning
3. I am teaching myself Japanese, I am a monochromatic artist, I am 15 years old, and I have a cat named Goofy
4. Chocolate, with gummy bears on top!
5. X ND LSZ EVUA MSSB NZ GUAOZSMUNDF AVZ

Have fun! *Sticky, pretty please :|

Thanks for creating this awesome site, I am really looking forward to interacting with you guys!

Angie
03-12-2010, 03:41 PM
1. Angie Patriquin
2. I am here for interaction, puzzling, learning, and I'm unemployed and bored out of my mind.
3. I am so complex it would be impossible to pick one or two random facts.:confused:
4. Rocky Road
5. N vrnlb N spfkc rhyo xhco h zppc gmqtrnhvenmv.

etcampbe
03-23-2010, 03:20 AM
1. Elaine
2. Phoenix
3. I'd rather be dancing.
4. Cookies and Cream
5. f xjj tged zgfiq, xfd. f xeuujxq b ijc xqdbqjut, bdqgg. mjq qlj cggvfjj cfi.

koru999
05-03-2010, 08:37 AM
I wanted to say "Hello!". I love solving cryptograms. I've been solving the puzzles on this site for a couple of weeks now without logging in. I'm not on line much, maybe a few hours, two-three times a week, but I'll check in here some time soon to see if anyone ever says "Hello" back! :)

Bye for now.

"Koru999"

P.S.

1. Name...............Diana
2. Why you are here.........(Please define, "here"?) ( ;) )
3. Random fact(s) about you....... Born (August 9, 1951, 3:23 PM EST) & grew up in NYC, New York, USA...I am still a "Friggin' Hippie"! :cool:
4. Favorite ice-cream flavor Pistachio...or Strawberry...depends
5. A deep dark secret coded in a cryptogram ....Not now. Maybe later. (Maybe)

P.P.S. My StumbleUpon account, which I haven't been posting to lately, but there's a picture of me, and a few years worth of sharing from me there... http://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/KoruReturns/about/

pootie49
05-03-2010, 09:22 PM
1. Donna

2. Still cannot figure out why I am here...probably cause I am fairly good at it... when I am here.

3. I am funny. At times. and elusive at others.

4. Lactose Intolerant, however love Raspberry Sherbet

5. m qkbx rv fxjoxwf

and Bansai....nice pic.

bansaisequoia
05-04-2010, 08:09 AM
I solved your cryptogram. QBFMCTYOG KCYMUGAW

It's "PYGMALION RAIMENTS," right?

1. Joseph K (I have the same name as the defendant in Franz Kafka's "The Trial.")

2. I'm unemployed and bored out of my mind.

3. I can simultaneously flip two large restaurant trays, one with my left hand and one with my right, and I can even do it blindfolded.

4. Dublin Mudslide.

5. Ps bkhwlp pljke pk caaj cnjk l okukcnwr.

(Hey, ya notice this image looks like some sort of pointillist painting? That's what you get when you take a screenshot with your webcam. Everyone else shows your their best shot taken with their 5-MegaPixel cam. Not this one. I'm at my raw, dirty best.)

opallady
05-04-2010, 07:46 PM
1. Navelle

2. I enjoy the challenge.

3. I'm a greatgrandmother.

4. Cherry Garcia.

5. L'i ymctqy sq ylilde.

bansaisequoia
05-04-2010, 09:31 PM
So are you a biker, Navelle?

opallady
05-05-2010, 12:12 AM
Horses. Unfortunately, I no longer own one and none of my pictures are in digital form.

gryhnd51
05-20-2010, 09:13 AM
Opal lady......you should have said "Yes I am!!" to Joseph K's question!

I can't think of a more flattering photo of a granny!!!!!!

Sorry to break the thread.....just couldn't resist temptation!

Name: Beth

reason I'm here: My mother gave birth to me.
Well, the sincere reason is that I enjoy solving crypto's and have done so for over 40 yrs

favorite ice cream: all B&J flavors. I used to hang out with these guys when they started their biz in burlington, vt......another unreformed hippie, I am!

Having lived this long, I know better than to put ANYTHING about myself in code! ;)

opallady
05-22-2010, 01:20 AM
I thought about it. There are 3 motorcycles in our shop, none in working condition, but I was more of a passenger when they were working.

The avatar is my great granddaughter, but thank you.

amchris0409
05-22-2010, 06:33 AM
Amber
I love the challenge
I am mother of 2
Cookies and cream but I really am addicted to the Chocolate Eclair bars (Jack and Jill)
my deep dark secret in crypto form---

S RJ FRC.

fiziwig
06-27-2010, 08:19 AM
1. Name: fiziwig
2. Why you are here: I've always loved cryptograms
3. Random fact(s) about you: retired video game designer
4. Favorite ice-cream flavor: chocolate with chocolate syrup
5. A deep dark secret coded in a cryptogram: BE B FSTE WSA NDMF BF NMU FDIZ BF NSATEZ'F XI UIGYIF MZWQSYI!

I thought I was pretty good at cryptograms till I visited this site!

Holy cow! I solved my first crypto in 185 seconds flat and thought that was pretty good. Then I saw the average was under 90 seconds and the record was 11 seconds.

ELEVEN SECONDS! I couldn't have typed the answer in that fast if I already knew it ahead of time. It was a long one! So some users must have some kind of automated program that solves puzzles for them, right? That puzzle in 11 seconds just isn't humanly possible.

There are a couple things that confuse me about the solving program.

I can't move the cursor with the arrow keys or the backspace key. So if I make a mistake I can't hit backspace to undo it. I have to take my hands off the keyboard and reach for the mouse. (So 11-second guy never makes a mistake, right?)

If I type, say 'S' in two different places it leaves it in both places and doesn't warn me that this has to be wrong. If I type 'S' for 'M', then later I type 'S' for 'G' it seems like it should undo the earlier 'S" for 'M' instead of leaving them both there to confuse me.

I look forward to improving my skills. :)

fiziwig

Claireanne
08-12-2010, 08:41 PM
Name: Just Claire is fine...had to add the anne name was taken.
Why: love puzzles
Random Fact: racecar is a palindrome
Favorite Ice Cream: sorbet (technically not ice cream)
Secret: L ymqg et opzg uymk L mw atleb

theafricanqueen
08-30-2010, 06:50 AM
Name: TheAfricanQueen, AQ for short
Reason for being here: someone in another chat room told me about cryptograms in a game we are playing there, so I had to check it out.
random fact: I'm into art rubberstamping
favorite ice cream: Dreyers Drumsticks
cryptogramic secret: ATC PIM R LAWC QA VTPCJNQITP QLRN

MBersalona
09-03-2010, 11:28 PM
1. Name
Mark Bersalona

2. Why you are here
I'm developing a cryptogram application for iPhone - a dictionary lookup tool, not a game (so I'm not competing with the Cryptograms.org app!) - and needed to test it against lots of cryptograms; found my way to this site and am having a blast "testing" the app against cryptograms I wouldn't have a chance solving otherwise, though I am finding my cryptogram solving skills are improving. Love how the online puzzles fill in all the matching letters, saves a lot of time by not needing to copy to paper and all. I'm still amazed other folks are solving puzzles in under 30 seconds??

3. Random fact(s) about you
Only learned how to use chopsticks about 3 years ago; I think its an elegant way to eat versus poking miniature pitchforks and shovels into your mouth, at least as long as the food is suitable for chopsticks.

4. Favorite ice-cream flavor
Cookies and cream

5. A deep dark secret coded in a cryptogram
Ummmm...

nekk
09-08-2010, 03:01 AM
Hi, I am back! You might be wondering who I am: I am Cryptoid :P

I lost interest for a while, but I am back again, yay :D

bansaisequoia
09-08-2010, 02:11 PM
Have you changed your mind about your favorite ice cream? Do you have any new cats?

http://fc00.deviantart.com/fs48/f/2009/157/8/3/Evil_Cat_Arts_Ice_Cream_Cat_by_EvilCatArts.png

nekk
09-09-2010, 04:18 AM
Have you changed your mind about your favorite ice cream? Do you have any new cats?

http://fc00.deviantart.com/fs48/f/2009/157/8/3/Evil_Cat_Arts_Ice_Cream_Cat_by_EvilCatArts.png

As a matter of fact, yes on both regards! I have three cats now! Goofy, Hannah, and Dakota :D

In fact, there is also a funny story with Dakota:

We didn't exactly choose to get him... You see, my stepdad was driving through a parking lot when a young kitten crossed the road in front of him. He slammed on the brakes, and the kitten passed by without noticing a thing (he was fine). So, my stepdad got out of the car to see if the cat was OK, and he couldn't find him anywhere! So, after searching for a while, he assumed the kitten had run off, so he got back in his car and drove off. He proceeded to drive to his job for a short visit so he could pick up his check, which was far away, and he had to go over two big bridges to get there... Then he drove to the grocery store, and then all the way back home. Then, for some reason he heard a meowing sound. It turns out the cat had lodged in the spare-tire's compartment the entire time! It is amazing he is still alive today :o

Also, I am Vegan now, so I can't have Ice Cream anymore :(

Oh well, Vegan Ice Cream tastes good too ^_^

--Nic

bansaisequoia
09-10-2010, 03:36 AM
Goofy, Hannah & Dakota sound like great names for cats!:p

andyd
09-11-2010, 10:33 PM
Been lurking for a couple yrs. I have been doing cryptograms for about 15 yrs. I prefer printable cryptos. So many Ice creams, too little time, I'm still looking. My cryptogram is: NBKL CQLBGJ PBVPLQ GZQUAUXQ

TDog
09-14-2010, 07:50 AM
1. Name:
TDog

2. Why you are here:
Checking out the best source of Cryptograms on the 'net.

3. Random fact(s) about you:
I do transcriptions, data entry, programming, and paint-by-numbers.

4. Favorite ice-cream flavor:
Rocky-road

5. A deep dark secret coded in a cryptogram:
G KWYJYPGLH MYU KJJ XTH KRPHU G TKIH SKVDHA. G FYR'X NH NKSQ. TKWWE PKBGRP.

-TDog

irisheyes
09-24-2010, 09:38 PM
1. Angela
2. I love puzzles, especially word puzzles.
3. I'm getting married in less than a year!
4. Currently, mint chocolate chip (but that wasn't always the case)
5. M cjwvve kwsp cjh-djwhjh owomjb.

eng_heema
11-12-2010, 07:41 PM
Name: Eng_Heema

Reason: Some brain excersice :D
Random Facts: I program in C#.net and in the path of body language and all that mentalism stuff :D
Fav. Ice Cream: Vanilla/Mango
Secret(Well it is not the ultimate dark kept secert :D):

C KOWIV CU HU YUACUYYBCUA QGPPYAY

Please let me know if someone solves it

Small question please, how is it possible to solve the cryptos. in less than 15 seconds?? There must be something wrong :confused:

LiveLoveLaugh
11-13-2010, 02:49 AM
There's nothing wrong; fast typing, good memories, are the skills needed. ;)

bansaisequoia
11-13-2010, 09:09 AM
eng_heema, we all know you go to some sort of engineering school, but you have a crypto which has 5 characters which appear nowhere else in your cryptogram. Can you tell us what those other 5 characters represent? In other words, what do they mean?

doomspark
01-23-2011, 08:10 PM
Name: Doomspark
Why am I here: Google put me here.
Random fact: I write sonnets
Favorite ice cream flavor: Butter pecan

oldmandave
01-24-2011, 04:57 AM
OldManDave is my tag.

Did cryptograms at the dinner table with my grandparents when I was a young-in...MANY MANY YEARS AGO

I am retired for the last 5 years... went out when I hit 55 with 36 years on the job...Retired Letter Carrier...and I never went Postal...LOL ...Work out at the gym at least 3 days a week.

Breyers Chocolate...!

R-LT-FSBBVPECX-YBRERPW-TX-HRBME-JZZG

chriscrojam
01-30-2011, 11:29 AM
1. Name- James

2. Why you are here- One day I wondered if there was a cool cryptogram website. There was.... and I became addicted.

3. Random fact(s) about you- I've only sported the biker stache twice.

4. Favorite ice-cream flavor- I like cookie dough, coffee, etc., rarely eat it, never drink coffee either, oddly enough.

5. A deep dark secret coded in a cryptogram-

Elzkyezrvmp ky m lfpmgrkh mqkug alr fyuy arzhy qksu grzsgrzs mgh arzvquarzo.

Hint- o=p

pevans01
02-21-2011, 07:50 PM
Hi my name is Palma and I go by pevans01
I live in beautiful upstate NY...the Fingerlakes:)
I am a nurse injured @ work and on disability...and comp since 1998.
I truly miss working.
I love solving these but my times aren't very good as I am a hunt and peck:(

JeffreyCancilla
02-21-2011, 08:30 PM
Just a note to thank the workplace of Jeffrey Cancilla (http://www.articlealley.com/article_1809919_18.html) for your kindness and expertise on my bankruptcy. I had a fantastic encounter with Mr. Jeffrey Cancilla (http://www.articlealley.com/article_1804303_15.html) with my loan modification. Jeffrey Cancilla (http://www.lawyercentral.com/Jeffrey-Cancilla-Interactive-Profile--20-842652.html) took care of me from the starting from the procedure, and gave me everything I asked for. A Highly recommend Atty. Jeffrey Cancilla (http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978700680) as your lawyer. We've superb service with them. I thank my friend that she recommended Atty. Jeffrey Cancilla (http://www.superpages.com/bp/Orange-CA/Law-Offices-of-Jeffrey-Cancilla-L2155256338.htm) to us, Bottom line, we are happy for the service We now have from them! Thanks SO MUCH!!!

bansaisequoia
02-22-2011, 05:56 AM
Watch out, 'cuz Jeffrey Can See Ya.

http://www.gwennseemel.com/images/blog09/GitomerBag05.jpg

bansaisequoia
03-24-2011, 10:44 AM
You can delete cookies at any time, but it might delete all your userids and passwords

http://www.chocolatechipcookies.us/images/chocolate-chip-cookies-480.jpg